Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day Contest

I'm sure all of you are feeling the squeeze of Valentine's Day. I know I am. I mean seriously, a day where we are suppose to be showing our love and hot-ness to those closest to us.



What it boils down to is yet another day for our men to have an excuse for sex. Yeah, I said it... sex.



So, I try to put on my game face and tackle this Valentine crap head on. I suppose I need to hook up with some sort of "come get me" nightie or something.




I'll tell you what I'd really like to hook up with is a box of this.




Valentine's day has several traditional gifts, lingerie, flowers and chocolates. In order to fit into the lingerie, you have to skip the chocolate. This is feeling less about love and more about torture if you ask me.




What do you think?






Tell me about it and you could win yourself a valentine from me. Just post a comment before midnight February 14th telling me about your valentine's issues. May the best comment win! I'll post the winner on February 15th. Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

Macey said...

While you may feel the crunch of Valentines Day, I was stupid enough to get married 4 days after Valentines Day. I increased the pressure to "Hook Up". Oh yeah, I thought it would be all kinds of romantic. What a STUPID 19 year old I was. 15 years later I still haven't figured out how to get around it.

Unknown said...

What you said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

Oh, come on, you don't really have to fit into the lingerie! It just ends up on the floor most of the time anyway, right?

jennifer said...

I like the lingere! Even in plus size it's one of the few times I feel pretty. I discovered a nice little naughty store that has some amazing lingere that covers up my badly misshapen belly and quite a bit of celulite! And with that fabulouse lingere, I don't have to lay off the chocolate!! Can't beat that!! We've never been huge Valentine celebraters but it's nice to have and excuse to do something a little more special than usual! :)

smilingsarahbear said...

I call Valentine's Day National Disappointment Day. When I was single I hated it because I was sadly made aware how single and lonely I was. Then I met the love of my life, my dear husband- but alas, he's as romantic as a hippo's butt. Love him to death but he just didn't quite grasp the romantic gene. So that would be why I call Valentine's Day Disappointment Day- every year I hope for roses or a card or some sweet gift and every year I come up empty handed. But then I realize how hard my man works to support us and what an amazing dad he is and how patient and sweet he is and realize that while I would like a little bit of romance now and then- I'd give it up if it means I get to keep my man. So instead of being disappointed in my Valentine, I'll just be disappointed in the creators of Valentine's Day. Thank you and the end.

smilingsarahbear said...

That so deserves some chocolates;)

Margene said...

I have only one issue about candy and Valentine's Day. This is it. I hate regifted candy. To bring home a box of candy that was given to you or someone else and act like you are giving me a box of candy. No way I would rather have nothing. All you have to say look what so and so gave me or us. I like candy so I eat it anyway but get mad with every piece that I eat.

Karen said...

Woohoo! Thanks! We all know our husbands will be just as happy if we just wear our comfy white socks...

Related Posts with Thumbnails