Yeah, that's about how I feel about budgeting. Every here and there the mister and I have a little talk about money. He talks, I pretend to listen. Since our relationship is rather traditional (he makes it, I spend it) these talks get slightly uncomfortable for me.
Here are a few of my finest moments after having "the talk..."
1. I just stop going grocery shopping. (total money saver) I'm currently working on week two of no shopping. Last night the kids wrestled over the last of our Pizza Hut left overs and tonight we are having breakfast for dinner. In another day or two he'll be begging me to go spend some money.
2. When in need of cash, I go to target, buy some toilet paper and get cash back on my debit card. This is valid "supplies" for the house with a little something on the side for me.
3. After coming home from the mall I tell the mister what the price was and how much I didn't have to pay for it. Coupons are my little red devils.
4. I offer to make the mister something nasty for dinner as an option for not eating out. That one gets him every time.
5. If all else fails, I tell the mister, it could be worse. I could have a serious yacht addiction or something. When taken to the extreme, I always look better.