Sunday, February 7, 2010

Things you should know about me

1. I hate clutter. You can keep your old lady statues, stacks of paper and cups of pens. No thank you! I want clear counter tops and half filled closets.


2. Saturday mornings are a gift from heaven. I sleep in every Saturday. EVERY SATURDAY! That means if by some evil fate I cannot, I am not a happy camper.


3. I hate breakfast. It feels gross and wrong to eat something when you can still taste the toothpaste on your breath. I have tried many different solutions to this problem and finally conceded to the fact that I don't like it and I'm OK with that.


4. I love to eat. I do not know of another person on earth that appreciates food quite like I do. I love to cook it, eat it, smell it and think about it. It gives me great pleasure to introduce someone to something so amazingly tasty that they will be my friend for life.


5. Action movies are my secret obsession. If there is a movie with a super hero in it-- I'm there. I can't get enough of it. Most husbands have to find a guy friend to take to the movies. Not the mister. He and I put the release dates on our calendar and count down the days to movie bliss.


6. I like it when things are only about me. Granted, this has only happens to me twice a year. My birthday and my annual gyno visit. Twisted, I know, but still true.


7. I am addicted to paper towels. I like to know that whether I'm wiping off my hands or a table, I will never have to deal with those germs again. It's that simple.


8. Every January I get the itch to take a trip somewhere tropical. I scour the internet looking for deals and possibilities. After a week solid I usually cave and admit that we probably shouldn't spend our money on a vacation. At first this really bothered the mister. He would fret over how to let me down or how to pony up and pay for our circus to travel. Now, 11 years later, he is smart enough to let me dream and come around to this on my own. Evil genius!


9. My dream is to have a staycation in my house all by myself. I would like to have a good solid week. I would clean the entire house top to bottom. I would get to all of those cupboards and closets that I always mean to clean out. Then I would just sit and appreciate the fact that no one is here to mess up my newly cleaned house. I would float with that good feeling all the way up to my big tub and soak away all of my stress. I could read, cook, write and craft and no one would be here to stop me.

10. Remember career day in high school? Back in the day you use to be able to pick a person and shadow them for the day and see what there job is like. I want to do that. Only I'd like to have about 30 different days and just soak in lots of different things that I am curious about.


11. I really like to write. Even better than that, I really like when people read it. Thanks for indulging me.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so with you on #9! I think it would be blissful to have the house to myself for just a few days. I could be productive beyond my wildest dreams and STILL get all the rest I want. Aaaaah.

Macey said...

I think you've been reading my mind. I always tell Ryan I want a vacation at home. He's great about sending me away, but I want THEM to ALL go away just once.

juli henrie said...

every time I read your blog, you just keep getting cooler! You make me laugh!

Unknown said...

You are too, too cute.

*Abby* said...

I sure wish I were there in WI again this February! Somehow I must convince Devn to find a job there! And keep up the writing... I love reading it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails