Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pay it Forward

I have been extremely blessed to have four very healthy children.  I have thought a lot about how different my life would be if any of them had been born with illnesses.  My heart goes out to parents that struggle through crippling diseases in their children's lives.

So today I'm joining Jen, from Dangerously Domestic, to help out children who are struggling with a very demanding disease called JM or Juvenile Myositis.  It affects about 17,000 children and adults nation wide with about 1,000 new cases every year.  It is a very rare autoimmune disease that is extremely debilitating.  To learn more about this disease just click HERE.

There will be a fundraiser in Hillsboro, OR on September 11, 2010 with a concert, dinner and an auction.  That's where you come in.  I love any opportunity to serve others that I can get.  I know a lot of you feel the same way but you're not sure where to start.  Well, this is your chance.

Jen has started collecting items to be auctioned off at the JM event.  We are calling out to all of you crafters out there who would like to donate your time and talents to a good cause.  The deadline for donations is August 31, 2010. 

I was really excited to hear about this event because sometimes I get lost in my own world and my own problems.  It is humbling to know that there are so many people struggling out there.  I have been so blessed so this is my opportunity to pay it forward.  If I spend just a little bit of my time-- I can help ease some of their burden.  If we all band together it can have an amazing impact on helping to find a cure.

I hope you will take some time and think about ways you or your children can get involved in something beyond yourselves and give a little something back.

For more information about the fundraiser click HERE.  If you are interested in donating something just email me and I will send you the address. 

4 comments:

Jen said...

OHHH Leca, you made my day. I will send you over the info you need. Thanks for paying it forward. I hope it really starts catching on. I appreciate you and your sister soo mucho much! Big Smiles, JEN

iammommahearmeroar said...

Thanks for helping spread the word, Lec. You are AWESOME!!! Really.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

This is a great idea! I wonder if I could come up with something to make? Hmm.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails