Monday, September 12, 2011
It's a fact.
Stop denying it. We both know it's true.
Wanna know some of mine?
Sure you do. It's always easier going through someone else's issues-- isn't it?
1. When company comes over. I shove things in random places and hope that no one tries to open any cupboards. The other day I shoved my butter plate away and turned on the indirect lighting.... let your mind wonder. Yep, melted nasty butter all over my cupboard innards. Could have done without that.
2. I hardly (never) clean my blinds. I can't get the dust to come off. So I officially give up.
3. I hide stuff in my fridge. If it's something I know I should eat but really don't want to, it goes to the back. I leave it there until the expiration date is bad and then I'm forced to throw it out. I think, "Darn, I have to throw you out because the label says so-- but I totally would have eaten you..." It makes me and the food feel better when we part ways.
4. The mister and I have a silent war going. If I find something around the house that I don't want to find a place for, I chuck it in the storage room. The storage room is officially the mister's area. That means that when it's all exploded and messy, it's automatically his fault. Perfect.
5. I always look at my Q-tips and wonder how that much crap can come out of a person's ears. It makes me happy when I have a double Q-tip day.
6. Picking zits is fun. It just is.
7. I like walking around the house in my underwear. Now that we live in a neighborhood, that's becoming more of a challenge. If you are my neighbor and you've seen too much-- sorry about that. But not too sorry because it's probably not going to stop.
8. I avoid the back seats of our van. When I clean out the car I freak out and call the mister in to look at the monstrosity that is our van. But on a daily basis, I pretend that I don't know that there are science experiments growing in the back seat.
9. I throw away my bread heals. It drives my dad insane. But I don't like the heal and you can't make me eat it.
10. I have four garbage cans. I throw stuff away. I'm not sure what the rest of you are doing or where your trash is going. The people with one can-- how is that even possible? Yet it is, because I'm the only one in the entire neighborhood with four cans. I'm sure people call us the "four can" house.
Well, now that I have that off my chest...
How about you?
What's your dirty little secret?