Monday, September 20, 2010

Peachy-keen

Wanna know what I did with all of these?
I turned it into this...
Here are my pies all ready to go into the oven.  My sister and I pealed and cut up our peaches and made us some pie.  I don't think we will ever eat this much pie so I rounded up the kids and took some to each of their teachers.  You know, cause I'm still working on recovering from THIS incident earlier in the year.

If you would like the incredibly good recipe for this legendary pie just scroll down.  You'll see blueberries but ignore them and pretend like it's peaches because any fruit works for this recipe. 


Leca's Blueberry Peach Pie

2 Pints of fresh blueberries (washed and cleaned) Peaches-- about 6 peaches peeled and thinly sliced
2/3 C. sugar
2 T. flour

Mix ingredients together in a bowl.  Grease one pie pan and line with Pillsbury Pie Crust.  Pour mixed ingredients into the pie crust.  Set aside.

Crumble Topping

3/4 C. flour
1/3 C. sugar
1 stick butter

Fork together ingredients until it is nice and crumbly.  Pour over pie and bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes (or until golden and bubbly around the edges).


I always use the Pillsbury ready made crusts because it's easy and it turns out great every time.  I pinch the crust sides to make it look nice and pretty.
Next take the blueberries, sugar and flour.
Mix them all together so the berries get a nice coating.
Pour the blueberries into your pie crust.
Crumble together your flour, sugar and butter.
Pour your crumble mixture on top of your berries.
Bake it until its nice and golden.

If you want to change it up you can use any summer fruit for this pie.  I like to make a version of this with black raspberries from my yard.  I've also tried peach, apple (just add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the  apples), raspberry, cherry-- any fruit you would like.  Tweak it until you find the perfect pie for you.

I like to serve mine pipin' hot with a little vanilla ice cream melting down the side.  Oh baby!

**After baking this pie you need to find a quiet little corner and snarf a quick piece before sharing.  Trust me-- it's THAT GOOD!**

4 comments:

Beth said...

You are so awesome, you can always make me laugh, and it's so true! I totally snarf down whatever treat I make before I share with the kids, if I don't I won't get any, even tonight at dinner, if I hadn't eaten mine quickly, I might not have gotten any, I can't believe how much my Little guy can eat! (Sometimes more then Daddy, and yet my little guy is still only in the 10% for his age!)

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Dude that looks sooo good. Wish I were one of your kids' teachers.

Macey said...

The Pie was wonderful!!! Thank you!!

iammommahearmeroar said...

Can we say I'm one of their teachers? Please? YUM!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails