I hate his teacher a little today.
Today was not my day to go and hunt down 28 not-homemade-pumpkin-flavored-cookies-in-store-wrapping. Seriously, who even makes pumpkin flavored cookies? Everyone knows that pumpkin shaped sugar cookies with frosting are way better than eating real pumpkin.
I had stuff to do and things to worry about. I did not have time for 28 pumpkin cookies.
I made a respectable effort, going to several stores, like a good mother.
I knew I didn't have any more time to spare looking for these freakin' cookies.
As a last ditch effort, I stopped at a bread shop and purchased a few loaves of chocolate chip pumpkin bread. I was hoping Rugs would forget what the teacher asked for and shove it in his bag.
No such luck.
My treat choice was deemed a disgrace. His life was over! I got to hear all the drama about how he was specifically asked to bring COOKIES not bread. How was he going to face his teacher? She was probably going to yell at him.
(....insert major drama here)
I came up with several reasonable explanations.
1. They are pumpkin cookies shaped into a loaf.
2. Pumpkin cookies have recently been banned in local grocery stores.
3. My mother joined Occupy and won't buy that crap cause she is stickin' it to the man.
4. The teacher sent the wrong note.
5. Pumpkin cookies are nasty-- duh.
6. If all else fails throw it on the back table in the classroom and play dumb.
I was pushing for either 1 or 6. None of these reasons appealed to Rugs. He is still taking the bread. I'll be waiting for my phone call announcing world's end at school.
I've finally ruined him. Ugh, sigh-- that didn't take too long.