Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference

I am so thankful for Conference weekend.  It means jammies, family time, baking and listening.  I love the way Conference makes my house feel.  I love that it inspires me to be a little better than I currently am.  I love that it gives me an excuse to stay home all weekend and be with my family.  I also enjoy the art of doing two things at once.  I choose to listen and bake.  I crank the volume up on the TV and bake to my heart's content.  My family has been basking in muffins, cakes, pizzas, dinners and jello. 

If you are wondering what Conference is you can check it out HERE.  One of my favorite talks so far was by President Monson.  He has always been one of my favorite speakers.  It makes me laugh to hear his stories and sense of humor.  His dedication to service is his most endearing quality. 

So today I'm asking you, "What can you do for someone else this week?"  I love to serve other people.  It makes me feel like I'm making a difference.  No matter how big or small-- step it up.  Go out of your comfort zone and help someone else this week.

Service is kind of like a huge mosaic.  If you look at one piece, it's not very impressive.  But when you look at all of the "little pieces" together, it's a masterpiece.  Service, no matter how big or small-- it all adds up.


What can you do?

3 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

I'm with you. I love conference weekend. I just need to get past spending most of the time telling my kids to be quiet so that I can hear. :}

I need to get into the whole cooking while listening thing. Oh wait, I'd have to enjoy cooking first. I wish I was at your house right now. :)

What I took away from conference is that I need to read the BOM more. SO many people talked about reading the BOM. But I totally agree with what you said about service.

Margene said...

I too love conference weekend. Nice Sunday breakfast no hurry to be at the church at 9:00 am. I can set and do hand work and not feel bad about it. I loved the one talk on Saturday afternoon I don't know who gave it. The main idea was to LOOK UP AND MOVE ON.

LINDSEY said...

Loved it! I baked (a little fruity trifle number) and crafted (a sign) and painted my coffee table (which I botched big time, may need to check out some more tutorials) all while being edified, and putting in some serious family time. It was great!
I love your mosaic analogy and am inspired to do some service....where to start?

Related Posts with Thumbnails