Monday, January 25, 2010


It's January and in keeping with the annual tradition of improving myself, I decided to get a little exercise.


DAY 1:

I squeeze into my workout clothes and head down stairs to do a little stretching. The dog starts a war with my socks and takes off with one of them. I track down the lone sock and go dust off my aerobic DVD. As the DVD is coming up I remember that this work out requires hand weights. I pause the DVD and look for my equipment. Twenty seven minutes later, weights in hand, I am ready to proceed. Five minutes into the workout I question myself. Ten minutes in I start thinking of reasons to quit. Fifteen minutes in the dog is sitting on my stomach while I am trying to do ab crunches. At twenty minutes the phone rings and I am released from my personal hell. Not exactly what I hoped for but workout was completed.

Day 2:

I decide to take the dog for a long walk. I bundle up, find my cell phone, grab the ipod, coat up the dog and we're out the door. We make it to the end of the driveway and we pause. I swear my dog is staring at me like I'm a looney. It's freezing and my face is starting to burn. We turn into the wind and we make it about a quarter of a mile. I turn around and properly freeze the other side of my body, just to even things out. I see the end of my driveway and the dog is actually tugging me towards home for once in his wee little life. We burst through the door in a blurry of cold about nine minutes after we left. Work out kinda completed.


Day 3:

I buy new work out clothes to make me want to exercise. I buy a new DVD, a pretty new mat, some new weights and now I am surely ready to conquer my goal... tomorrow.


Day 4:

I am all geared up and ready to kick some butt. My sister calls and invites me to breakfast...


Day 5:

I'm back to the DVD and I'm ready to strangle the skinny jerk telling me what to do. Just to tick her off, I skip the cool down. That'll teach her.


Day 6:

I think I'm officially done with the new me. I like the old me better anyway.

4 comments:

juli henrie said...

hahahaha! thats so me!!

iammommahearmeroar said...

You are so funny. I've learned to avoid that goal altogether and go with things that are less trackable. This year I'm going to sit up straight. Nice, huh?

Unknown said...

lOVED YOUR NEW lECA, UNPLGUGGED. I WILL FOLLOW YOUR WORK OUT IDEAS TO THE "T". SUCH GOOD IDEAS, ONLY AFTER THINKING ABOUT THEM AND THE DIFFERENCE IN OUR AGES I WILL HAVE TO DO THEM IN HALVES.

Jodi said...

Stink'in breakfasts & darn sister! Let's join a gym we never go to instead. =) I hear you loose weight if you have a gym membership.

Related Posts with Thumbnails