Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Out with the old and in with the new

I'm physically relieved that Halloween is FINALLY over!

I absolutely despise Halloween.  I tried to get out of my Halloween rut this year.  I decorated the house inside and out.  I threw a party.  I bought a costume.  Still, it felt wrong.  My kids loved my sudden interest in the dark holiday.  They really go into painting signs and spreading cob webs.  But I am so glad to have that scarey business past me.

I tore every last bit of Halloween down today and dusted off my box of Christmas sparkelies.  I'm giddy with anticipation.  We are scheming a big ta-do in our front yard.  I thought we still had lots of lights packed away in the few mystery boxes we have left from the move.  It turns out I sold most all of them at our moving garage sale.  Oops!  The mister was not pleased.  But guess what?  I can just go down to Target and buy more.  Which I have already done. 
Giddy, seriously giddy.

I can't get enough of Christmas.

I would bust out my Christmas CD and put up the tree except for one small problem.  Thanksgiving.

I like Thanksgiving and all but it really is a speed bump to Christmas.

So I'm itchin' to deck the halls and warm up my credit card for some Christmas magic.

May I be the first to wish you a happy holiday season.  Yahoo!

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Can we still be friends, even if we have opposing viewpoints on Halloween???

Catherine Peart said...

I am still laughing over 'Thanksgiving is a speed bump to Christmas'. ha ha ha ha ha!!

Margene said...

I love Halloween and hate to put that stuff away. Some I just leave up for fall and Thanksgiving. I love to decorate for Christmas too. But best of all I love to go shop and buy givts for all my family. I hid some and either forget about them or they are hid so well I never find them until spring.

Tiffany said...

....Warm up the credit card, cracking up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails