Monday, January 3, 2011

Where Toast Goes to Die

Toast.

It sounds so simple and yet so complicated.

I want to have some toast.  So I put in my nice fluffy white bread and click.  My warm crispy creation is on its' way to perfection.  I stand and watch the timer count down.  It says 45 seconds.  I think, "Hmmm, I could get some of these dishes put away in 45 seconds.  No point just standing here."

I go to put away the dishes and feel like turning on a song.  Once I have my music picked out I go back to the dishes.  Then I notice the table needs to be wiped down and I get right on that.

I remember my toast.  Dang it.  It's cold and hard.  Well, I might as well not waste perfectly good bread.  I'll just pop it down for a few more seconds and it'll be good as new.  Click.

The timer says I have 45 seconds which is plenty of time to clean my sink.  Then when people come over they will think the whole kitchen is clean because the sink is shiny.  Humm humm humm my clean clean sink.

Sink is clean and toast is well... toasted.

Can you cook toast three times?  Why not?  Three times the charm.  Click.  I think I'll go change the laundry...

Several hours later...

I feel like some toast.  Oh, geez who left nasty crusty toast in the toaster?


Me and toast, we have issues.

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

This is me with grilled cheese sandwiches. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Your last few blogs have been fun to read. Thanks. I would love some toast. Even a little burned would be alright. I am Celiac. Hear me complain. Keep writing. Good journal stuff.

iammommahearmeroar said...

I do that too....sometimes with potatos in the oven. Jeff made one too many and we found it in the oven a few days later. Yeah, I don't bake a lot.

Cheir

Tiffany said...

this is the life of a mom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails