Sunday, January 2, 2011
My brain feels like jello.
I think I have holiday hang-over or something.
Tomorrow I'll be sending the kids to school and staying in my jammies for a while just because I can.
Tacky... maybe, but much needed after a long action packed break.
Here are just a few things I learned this holiday season...
1. Kids come with two volumes. Loud and LOUDER.
2. The older your kids get the more expensive their wish list is.
3. Dogs can and will punish you for staying away too long.
4. Target has really good chocolate covered butter toffee macadamia nuts but they are only sold at Christmas time. They are sold out at all of our Targets. I really need some right now.
5. Laundry piles up at our house quicker than you can say dirty socks.
6. There should be two holiday breaks. One for family and one for you all by yourself.
7. Pee does not just flush into the air from an airplane and land on people's heads. OK, I already knew that one but I had to prove it several times to my kids.
8. You can love a gift and still have to return it.
9. You can buy all the Rubbermaid bins you want-- the basement still will not stay organized with kids living at home.
10. I am in love with sunshine. I need it. I want it. I crave it. California has a lot of it. Couldn't they just share it with us sometimes?
Labels: my life