Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Panic



I know I've left you hangin'.  But tomorrow is my big reveal.  I'll show you what I've been pouring over and I think you might like it.  Anywho...

In other news, Christmas is coming! 

That's got my panties in a bundle.  I'm in panic mode and no one can talk me out of it.

My Target attendance has increased dramatically.  You wouldn't think that could be possible-- but it is.  I've been everyday this week just combing the store for the perfect gifts for everyone.  My brain has been playing around balancing the presents evenly for each of my children.

Without fail, every year there is one kid that is easier to buy for than the others.  Then if you give in and buy the things you want to get the easy kid, you have to come up with something to balance out the other kids.  It's a tricky game, but I play it every year.  I fret over it, imagining the worst case scenario on Christmas morning of tears and tantrums.  When in reality, all the kids are too busy pouring over their presents to stop and count their siblings gifts.  Drama-rama, I know.

Then there is the classic I-forgot-someone-super-important-on-my-list problem.  This year that special someone just occurred to me and I'm scrambling to come up with something just right. 

At Christmas time I wish I was a millionaire.  I can think of so many things I'd like to buy for everyone in my life.  I set a goal every year to take it easy and not spend too much.  That usually goes pretty well until about the middle of December.  I go to the store and see all the glitz and the glam, little candies and big dreams.  I usually cave and buy something I shouldn't.  But it's Christmas-- right?

How are your holiday plans coming?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails